Slider

Secrets of a Charmed Life - Susan Meissner

Sunday, May 3, 2015

As the Luftwaffe rains down terror on London, two sisters are separated and their lives changed forever.

**I have done my best to not share any spoilers. I have not shared more than you will find on the back of the cover.**

Isabel MacFarland has finally agreed to share her story and secrets that she has hidden for years. Isabel chose to pass her history to Kendra, an American student attending Oxford. Her story follows the lives of Emmy and Julia Downtree during World War II. With the war becoming more and more of a threat, the sisters are evacuated to the country along with the rest of London's children. Emmy's dreams of becoming a designer cloud her vision though. Julia, who is much younger than Emmy, needs her protection. At what cost will Emmy see her dreams become a reality?

I was extremely pleased with the incredible story Susan Meissner tells. I feel like I need a week to digest and process Secrets of a Charmed Life. I went through almost an entire bag of Starburts in one sitting when the book was getting really intense! This book was not published by a Christian publishing house, but the story is
clean, which I was very thankful for. There are too many books out there (even "Christian" books) that share too much detail that I don't want to read. This story is a huge journey of forgiveness of one's self. There are decisions that we make each and every day and we must live with the consequences. How we choose to move on will shape who we are and who we become. I highly recommend this book. I encourage you to get lost in the pages and discover that no matter the circumstances, forgiveness is not out of reach.

Buy Secrets of a Charmed Life:

Barnes & Noble
Amazon

Published by the Penguin Group

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© Bookworm Mama 2023